Apparently the iPhone 2.0 software currently in beta and set to release in June 08 has been hacked out of the iPhone SDK Kit. The folks over at Engadget got a glimpse at the new features and from what it seems , its not going to sweep you off your feet.
Here is what they found:
- Microsoft Exchange - Using AT&T network changes are checked almost instantly but using Wi-Fi it checks for changes every now and then.
- Still no contacts search option
- Mysterious new button in the calendar
- App Store Button
- Added Cisco VPN client but unsure whether it supports SecurID or other hardware token authenticators
- Parental controls
- Capability to set preferred WiFi networks
- New horizontal scientific mode calculator now does commas and has function support
- Capability to multi-select mail (like Windows Mobile OS)
Here is a good youTube video I was able to find (turn the volume down the background music sucks).